Chinese Student Visa (X Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period of more than six months. Short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months shall apply for a (F) Visa.
Please submit the following documents with your application
a) A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it.
b) Application form: One completed Visa Application Form
c) Photo: one recent photo of 2*2 square inch (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.
d) First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport.
e) The original and photocopy of the approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by relevant Chinese government unit, and the admission notice from the Chinese school.
How to apply
1. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction in over the state where you reside;
2. If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to drop off your application at the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction in over the state where you reside;
a) No appointment is required.
b) Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be refused.
1. The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, additional fees will be charged per visa.
3. Same day rush service: additional fees for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:30pm may be picked up between 2:30pm-3:00pm on the same day).
1 .Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check. Cash or Personal checks are not acceptable.
2. Please make the company check, cashier's check or money order payable to Chinese Embassy.
3. Fee: subject to different countries.
1. If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
2. Generally, (X) visa is valid for one entry, three months. The holder of a (X) visa must go through residential formalities in the local public security department within thirty days of entry into China.
3. American citizens may apply multiple entry ( X ) visas valid for 12 months. The holders must go through residential formalities in the local public security department within thirty days of entry into China.
4. Visa Officers may require some other relevant documents
5. Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other such infectious diseases shall not be permitted to enter China.
All regulations are subject to change without notice.